If you do not have the book yet, you may buy the set (Book, Study Guide, and Prayer Journal on Amazon or the individual book at HERE.
Attend the live Week 8 session at 2pm pacific (5pm eastern) on Sunday April 5, 2020 at HERE or catch the replay that will be loaded to this site after.
Instructions: Read through the Final Thoughts and answer the following questions. Be prepared to discuss the questions in your week eight group meeting.
1. Go back through your notes and share what parts of this book helped you to undomesticate God?
2. What parts of this book did you disagree with and why?
3. Do you feel like you have been teachable through this book, or were you constantly frustrated? Why?
4. After your church service, do the people around you focus on discussing pleasantries or the sermon? If the latter, are you willing to make a commitment to take notes during the sermon, then intentionally ask your friends afterward what they thought, then share your thoughts?
5. The author mentioned two types of readers who would make it to the end of this book. Do you identify with one? If so, which one and why? Is there a third option that she missed that you feel better describes you? Explain.
6. After reading this book, and going through the study guide with others, share how this process has impacted your life. What changes do you wish to make, and how will this help you guide others in their walk to help them get one step closer to Jesus?
Individual and Group prayer for the week:
Pray for a teachable spirit moving forward in your walk with Jesus. Pray that God would use you to help spread His message to those in your sphere of influence. Pray for boldness and that the Holy Spirit would give you courage and the words to speak. Ask the Holy Spirit to continue to convict you and that you would see evidence of your sanctification. Pray that your heart stays repentant and that your desire to do God’s will increases. Ask God to protect your church and your family from evil. Pray that God would strengthen you so that you are ready in the strength of Christ for the schemes of the devil at all times. Pray for revival in the church and that God’s message would increase and grow as we desire His kingdom to come!
Verse to memorize this week:
“Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ.” (Colossians 3:23-24 ESV)
Passage to meditate on this week:
2 Timothy 3:1-17 ESV
1 But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. 2 For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, 4 treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people. 6 For among them are those who creep into households and capture weak women, burdened with sins and led astray by various passions, 7 always learning and never able to arrive at a knowledge of the truth. 8 Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so these men also oppose the truth, men corrupted in mind and disqualified regarding the faith. 9 But they will not get very far, for their folly will be plain to all, as was that of those two men.
10 You, however, have followed my teaching, my conduct, my aim in life, my faith, my patience, my love, my steadfastness, 11 my persecutions and sufferings that happened to me at Antioch, at Iconium, and at Lystra—which persecutions I endured; yet from them all the Lord rescued me. 12 Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, 13 while evil people and impostors will go on from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived. 14 But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have firmly believed, knowing from whom you learned it 15 and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.