If you do not have the book yet, you may buy the set (Book, Study Guide, and Prayer Journal on Amazon or the individual book at www.31oils.com/UndomesticatingGod
Attend the live Week 5 session at 2pm pacific (5pm eastern) on Sunday March 15, 2020 at http://www.facebook.com/JenOSullivanAuthor or catch the replay that will be loaded to this site after.
Instructions: Read through chapters 11, 12, 13, and 14 and answer the following questions. Be prepared to discuss the questions in your week five group meeting.
CHAPTER 11: Sanctification
1. Describe the process of sanctification in your own words.
2. List one or two ways God has been working on you in the past year. In what areas have you grown since last year at this time?
3. What are some excuses you’ve used to not share Jesus?
4. Visit http://www.sharetheumbrella.com and watch the short video.
What are some ways you can start practicing sharing Jesus?
5. In what area have you lied to yourself to justify a sin?
6. How do sin and distractions play a role in our sanctification?
7. What areas would you like to work on to improve your growth?
CHAPTER 12: Love
8. Take a moment to look at the following scripture and replace the word love with your name.
“Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.”
(1 Corinthians 13:4-7 ESV)
(YOUR NAME HERE)
____________________ is patient
____________________ is kind
____________________ does not envy
____________________ does not boast
____________________ is not arrogant
____________________ is not rude
____________________ does not insist on his/her own way
____________________ is not irritable
____________________ is not resentful
____________________ does not rejoice at wrongdoing
____________________ rejoices with the truth
____________________ bears all things
____________________ believes all things
____________________ hopes all things
____________________ endures all things
9. Where do you spend most of your free time?
10. Where do you spend any extra cash you have?
11. What is one area of your life that you can take time away from to give back to God?
Pray: Take a moment right now to get on your knees and pray. Ask the Holy Spirit to fill you with the ability to love others well. Ask Jesus to guide you as you learn to fall in love with God and reading His Word. Ask God to reveal Himself to you and to draw you close to Him.
CHAPTER 13: Discipline
12. Do you feel God disciplines you in clear, unmistakable ways, or is it a gentle nudge in the right direction?
13. Describe a time when you felt God was disciplining you.
14. In what ways is discipline a form of love?
15. What areas of this chapter were confusing to you or you have questions about? Share this with your group.
CHAPTER 14: Mercy and Grace
16. How does giving a child a reward, rather than punishment help to show what mercy and grace are about? Isn’t that counter-intuitive and could it teach a child that he or she can get away with things? Why or why not?
17. In your own words, what is mercy?
18. In your own words, what is grace?
19. How is mercy and grace part of God’s glory?
20. How hard is it for you to give someone mercy when they have wronged you? Have you ever been able to do something nice for someone who has wronged you?
Individual and Group prayer for the week:
Pray for God to convict you to live each moment for Him. Pray that the Holy Spirit would teach you to take captive your thoughts and actions. Ask that God would clearly give you evidence of your salvation as you work through the rest of this book.
Verse to memorize this week:
“Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.”
(2 Corinthians 5:20 ESV)
Verse to meditate on this week:
“Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling,” (Philippians 2:12 ESV)